For sale by owner (FSBO) is when the owner hopes to sell this property without employing the services of a real estate agent. The acronym used for such a property is ‘FSBO Property’. The general disadvantages associated to FSBO property far outweigh the few advantages some may think it has. Various surveys suggest as little as 6-7% of properties are sold this way.
Some home owners think that if they try to sell their property on their own that they can save money. But in actually trying to sell a home on your own can put a huge drain on your time and money. Selling houses is a challenging assignment and as many seller who have tried have told me all the effort eventually translates into no monetary benefits after you look at the expenses (and time) involved in doing everything yourself.
The top 5 benefits of using a professional Realtor to list your home are:
- Correct Pricing (based on the market and current real estate) – With access to voluminous data on recent market activity, real estate agents will prepare a comparative market analysis on a home to ensure the home is priced properly and sold at the best price, in a timely manner with minimum hassle.
- Proper Marketing – Realtors® work with the widest audience of buyers to sell the home and can offer helpful tips to prepare the home for sale. Realtors® understand the importance of different advertising mediums and will pay for all advertising costs to market the home.
- Disclosures, Liability issues and State Laws – By meeting state-mandate continuing education requirements for licensure, real estate agents will be familiar with the proper disclosures that must be made to buyers when selling a home. Without the use of a licensed real estate practitioner home sellers can expose themselves unnecessarily to legal liability
- Professional Negotiations – With no emotional attachment to the property, real estate professionals are better positioned to objectively evaluate each buyer’s proposal without compromising the homeowner’s marketing position.
- Security Issues – Real estate agents and brokers are trained to properly screen buyers to deliver only qualified buyers to view your home. real estate professionals have the unique ability to protect your privacy and limit the likelihood of strangers entering your home for motives other than viewing the home for a potential purchase.
We can discuss what you feel will be a fair commission. And know that I make a point to earn every bit of that commission. I will be a an incredibly valuable asset in getting your house sold that will well worth the small cost. And I will work hard to get your home sold right and fast so that you wont have to.
If you are trying to sell your house For Sale By Owner and think it is now time to request assistance from a professional Realtor so you can get your home sold quicker, easier and at the best price please contact me. I would be more than happy to provide you with a FREE Comparative Market Analysis (CMA). A CMA will allow you to see the current & previous selling activity of your neighborhood.